Saturday, May 3, 2008

Newport Beach trip

I was able to take a week long vacation to Newport Beach, April 26th to May 3rd. I had an incredibly, well needed, relaxing vacation. It did not start out as a blessing, though. When I realized my friends that were supposed to come with me were dropping out like flies, I was horrified! It stressed me out to even think of going on a vacation by myself. Some of you will probably think I am nuts, but I truly was disturbed by this thought.

Luckily, my forever friend, Tami, was able to join me Saturday and Sunday. We were able to do all of our most favorite things: search out a new scrapbook store, attend the temple, scrapbook well into the night, lay by the pool, eat P.F. Changs chocolate cake, and of course talk till 1:30 am. We had an incredible time and I was so glad she was able to help me start out my vacation right!

I then had Sunday evening till Thursday night all to myself. I had decided that it might just be more fun than I had originally thought to be able to shop, scrapbook, take walks on the beach, go to the temple, and hang out by the pool whenever I wanted. It was extremely relaxing and it sure was nice to have almost no responsibilities all week.

My family was able to come join me Thursday evening till Saturday. They were so happy to be able to spend so much time in the pool! Ours is not functioning right now and they have been dying to jump in! They also enjoyed the other amenities at the resort: tether ball, golf, basketball, ping pong, and chess. It was great to be able to share the experience with my family at last!

No comments: