I was reflecting last month on the first present I ever bought Allen for his birthday. It was 15 years ago and I bought him a tent and two sleeping bags. He loved the gift then, and it has lasted through the years, so I guess it was a good investment! We recently used his gift while camping in Utah. This was the last part of our Utah trip that I have yet to write about. I would normally have to make a point to do so now, but I will save that for another day. Today is all about Allen.
Many of you know the story of how Allen and I met, but for those who have forgotten or do not know, I will give a little snippet. For those who have not heard the story I am sure it will spur up some questions to me because ours is a very unique love tale. Our first official meeting was on the steps of the Cochran building (the same church building we currently attend) during a young adult activity. The Lord had guided Allen to Simi Valley that summer, 15 years ago and we met on the very day he first prayed about the possibility of finding a wife. Well I am finding it hard to edit my story, even though it should seem easy to just come right out and say that five days later, we were engaged. I guess I will just have to leave it at that for now, because although it was a short five days, I have a lot to say about those days. Bottom line, we were guided to each other and both had personal revelation that we were to be married.
We were just discussing just tonight how we are not sure why it was so important that we meet when we did and that we were to be married so soon after we met. We may never know the full answer to that question, but I can tell each of you that read this that I am glad that we were in the right frame of mind to receive revelation in our lives to bring us together. The Lord knew what he was doing, we are perfect for each other.
That leads me to let you know some of the things that I adore about my husband. First and foremost, aside from the fact that I think he is a hot babe :), he is a very spiritual individual. He is constantly working on bettering himself. (Which I am not sure if he realizes that it in turn helps me grow and become better too. Thanks for doing all the hard legwork) He has a gift of being introspective, which allows him to analyze himself and find ways to improve. I tend to run from these activities and that is probably why I admire him for doing so.
I also love that we have helped balance each other out. I used to keep everything bottled up to avoid any sort of confrontations, and Allen used to say way too much and be too confrontational. Over the years, we have both learned to come closer to each others style, making us each better people.
Allen is also an extremely intelligent person and a wise soul for a 37 year old. He is hardworking and a great father and husband. I love him so much and hope we have many more years together to figure this "life" thing out together. Happy Birthday Baby!
5 comments:
Thanks babe! I love you too.
Allen
Ahhhh.....you guys are such an inspiration. :)
loved the blog. I remember when you two met. I was planning on going to a dance with you and your mom didn't know whether or not to tell me why you were flaking when you were out engagement ring shopping. I was like "rings? for who? is she dating someone?"
ahhhh memories....
Apparently this is "Old Simi Days" comment time, because I too remember when you had JUST met Allen and (a few days later) had JUST gotten engaged. Man, those are the memories! Still going strong, eh? Yes, it's an amazing gift to have the gift of the Holy Ghost at just the right time!
Happy Birthday Allen!:)
I'm probably the only one with a negativue comment. Oh I am not negative about your love and your family, I think it is wonderful. I just remember when the two of you got engaged. I was a basket case, and in case you don't remember ask your Dad what I was like at your sealing. I bawled and bawled. I felt like I was loosing a daughter and didn't even know who to. It was terrible. (Think I'm over it now) Doesn't seem like it was 15 years ago. Love you Sue
Post a Comment