Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer time






This summer has been full of fun days at the pool! We have truly enjoyed our pool this year. Not that we haven't in the past, it is just that all my kids are now swimming on their own and the pressure of watching a non-swimmer has subsided and I can enjoy the experience more. Helping things out is that we have a new solar blanket that helps keep our pool toasty warm. The kids will get in and swim for hours. It is great! In the past, I would spend a good 15 min. putting sunscreen on everyone, just to have my kids swim for 15 min. and get out because they were freezing. They have little body fat and couldn't handle the cold. It was not worth all the work to swim for 15 min, so we wouldn't go in much.




We have also had many friends come join us in the pool which makes it more fun, also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for pools! I miss the pool I had growing up so much! It was the highlight of our summer, as it will surely be your kids' now that they are learning to appreciate it more. :)