After years of waiting, we finally used our jet skis again! Yes, I did say years. We had needed to cut out some expenses in our lives to stretch our money as far as we could and one of the things that had to take a back seat was using our jet skis. So, after a long wait, we squeezed in a quick trip before Jordan and Allen left for scout camp. (Thank you Paula and Jim for making this happen!)
We had decided that this summer was the time to revive our jet skis, but after being stored for two years without use, we were afraid it would take a lot of work to bring them back to working order. Luckily, all it took was two new batteries and some spray to help us start one of the engines. That was it.
Then came the problem.... when can we make time to use them. After getting them running, they just sat in my driveway, taunting me. I was constantly looking at them sitting there, reminding me of the years it had been since I had gotten to use them. Finally, with a little help from Jim and Paula, we planned a joint trip. We thought we would optimize the fun by bringing both their boat and our jet skis. I must admit that this plan greatly helped us. It made getting our things to the beach much easier on us!
It was great to have options! The kids were able to try a little of everything and everyone seemed truly happy and satisfied with the trip. Everyone was able to have a turn on their choice of vehicle and it made for a very fun, relaxing trip. Having friends to spend the day with also made for a lot of fun. Luckily for us, one of Alyson's good friends is my neice, Desirae, so we were able to bring her along, too.

The jet skis ran great until the very end of the day. Allen had decided to go on one last jet ski run on our three seater. He unleashed it from the dock and tried to start it. It wouldn't start. He was trying various tactics trying to start the machine while floating farther from the dock. Eventually he floated close enough to shore, I could be of some help. He decided to have me jump on the two seater and drive it to him, so he could use the engine starter spray that was left in the two seater.
I started the jet ski right up and cut the engine when I neared Allen. The spray worked and he was up and running. I then tried to start up my jet ski and wouldn't you know, the rescuer then needed to be rescued! My ski would not start! Allen then towed me back to the dock. We primed the engine, used the spray and finally got it going again. I don't know what that was all about, but it was pretty comical!
2 comments:
What a fun day! Brings back memories of when I and later we lived in Utah. I always had friends with boats and Matt's brothers had one too. Good times!
cool beans! that looks like a load of fun. good to be catching up!
Post a Comment