Tami and I got together yesterday and had a great time being happy homemakers! We started our day with a quick and quiet trip to JoAnn's for some supplies. Thanks to Jordan, we were able to shop uninterupted and it was great! I then introduced Tami to Campos mexican resturant. They have the best burritos! Once we filled our tummies and set up shop, we started working on our scrapbook pages. I was working on some kits for and exchange and Tami was working on some Disney pages. I so boldly used my powers of persuation to convince Tami that she just NEEDED to try sewing on her scrapbook page! (I was starting to believe that these powers simply do not exist anymore after being home all summer with my kids. I was greatly surprised when they actually worked! :) So here she is
making a super cute Disney page with flaps that open to show more photos and journaling. Her page ended up looking better than my origanal page she was coping. I wish I took a picture of her page, but I didn't think of it. Maybe she can send me a picture and I can add that photo to my post after the fact (hint, hint!). Wow, she is fast. Here is the masterpiece!
I had decided that I needed to practice the great art of multi-tasking and make some homemade whole wheat bread while staying home to scrap. Of course part of the reason for practicing such an art is to convince Tami, through food, that she doesn't come over nearly enough.
So, here I am with my dough belly:
I also decided to include a picture of a kit that I have had 90% done for over a month. I have been struggling with what to do for the title. None of my ideas seemed to be that great, so I am thrilled that I finally titled it and can call it done! I love the papers in this kit and can't wait to get bright, colorful photos on it.
I must add that it was a real treat to have such a fun, productive, scrapbooking day! The older boys kept themselves busy with super smash brothers on the Wii, which allowed for almost uninterupted scrapping fun! I'm sure their brains will eventually recover from the hours of video game we allowed so we could work in peace!
2 comments:
Your scrap page (kit) came out ADORABLE! GREAT title! I totally laughed out loud when I saw your doug belly!!! PRICELESS.
I had so much fun with you yesterday. We HAVE to make a scrapbook day at LEAST once a month during the school year. k?
alright Karalee...
I sooooo need to come to a retreat you host. next week is just a little too soon.
But seriously - I would LOVE to come out there and hang out and scrapbook all weekend with you freaky mommas!!!!
does Kristy go to? we would have so much FUN!!!!
plan another one in like 6 months or something so I can arrange my life, business, and save for gas :)
how much do your retreats usually cost and where do you go?
Post a Comment