I feel summer slipping through my fingers...way too fast. I am not ready for this summer to end! I have enjoyed my days by the pool and especially days at the beach! An all time favorite about summer is that I get to see Tami way more than I do during the busy school year.
I have just one more week till my kids go back to school. If it wasn't for homework and waking up early, that may not be such a bad thing. I just do not look forward to school projects that somehow involve me and of course they tend to come at just the optimum time when you have five events to attend after school, etc.
These Olympics are also making it impossible for me to start getting into a better schedule so I don't die when school starts! I have been staying up till one in the morning, because of course I can't wait to watch the gymnastics till the next morning. (NBC has definitely sucked me in and changed my sleeping habits.) Sure I could fight against their marketing ploys to keep me tuned, but what fun would that be.
Luckily I have been able to prepare for the kids going back to school in little increments. Picking up supplies a little at a time has worked out well. However, Jordan has been growing a ton and I realized that I better get him a few more pair of shorts to ensure he has enough cloths for the school year. That topped with the fact that he has outgrown all of his white church shirts and he couldn't find his one and only tie that fits him on Sunday, I decided to take him shopping yesterday.
For some reason, my thirteen year old son did not appreciate the one on one time with mom. He absolutely hates shopping and could care less about cloths. So, being the nice mom that I am I so lovingly decided that I absolutely needed him with me to not only pick out clothes, but to actually try them on as well. Wow, was he pleased with my decision to have him try on FIVE WHOLE THINGS on our trip to Mervin's. What would the boy do without such a loving and thoughtful mother? Poor guy! I am not sure what his problem was, after all, I didn't even bring my camera for this shopping trip!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha Ha Ha! Too bad you DIDNT have your camera to capture his pouty face as he sulks out of the dressing room. hee hee
My Mat LOVES to buy clothes now, but he hated it when he was Jordans age. But Terry is the WORST!!! He hates shopping so much that I have go alone, buy some clothes, bring them home, badger him for three days to try them on and then take them back to the store if they don't fit!!! The same is true for anything we buy, even furniture. I have to shop and find what I love then bring him to give the ok. Sigh, gotta love the man anyway!
Post a Comment