Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fifteenth Wedding Anniversary



It doesn't seem possible that I am old enough to say that Allen and I will be celebrating our fifteenth anniversary today! Then I look at the photos of what we looked like back then, and yes, I suppose I better admit that I have aged a lot!

A fun wedding fact that you may not know is that Allen and I were married on Friday, the thirteenth of August. Obviously we are not superstitious people, but I must admit that seeing it written out like that on our wedding invitations sure did look odd. It is not that we particularly wanted that as our wedding date, we were just limited on the dates we had to choose from. We can pretty much blame my mom's best friend, Marilyn Asplund for us choosing that date. She pleaded with me not to choose sat. the fourteenth, because her son Davey was getting married that day. She really wanted to be able to be at my wedding, so we graciously accepted and switched our date to the 13th. I now have a different outlook on the day that other people dread so much.

You are probably more interested in looking at photos of what Allen and I used to look like than read my gushy stories of how much I love my incredible husband. So I will leave the gush to a minimum and say that I adore my husband with all my heart! I look to him as my strength, my example of the person I would like to become, and the love of my life. I am looking forward to eternity with him!

On a sad note, I am left dealing with the realities of death once again. There have been four deaths of loved ones in less than a month! My heart is so heavy for those who have lost their family members. The latest death came today when Shirley Green was tragically killed in a car crash. Jordan's good friend, Blade, was also in the car with her and was miraculously saved. I am grateful for my knowledge that life does not end here. We are able to live on in the eternities with our loving Father in Heaven who knows and loves each one of us. My sadness today, however, is for Blade. He has had a rough life, and he has been greatly blessed to have be cared for by his loving grandmother for the last year. Her day to day presence in his life will be greatly missed. I am grateful for my faith that I know that our Father in Heaven will poor out his blessings on Blade and that he will be taken care of. Thank goodness for faith in these trying times!

4 comments:

Tami Sue said...

Ahhhh....Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary! I LOVE that wedding picture of you two! And about the engagement photo...hee hee....that's the last time I saw you in short shorts. ;)

Ultrakicker said...

Caralee, you haven't changed at all in the last 15 years! You go girl!
My congratulations..may you celebrate another 15..and another 15...and another... michelle c.<3

Anonymous said...

Ok, I LOVE the engagement pic! I look at you now and don't think you've changed at all over the years, but then I see pics of all of us back in the day and have to admit that times, they are a'changing! :D You've still got in going on, girl... but boy you were young back then! lol

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

And... I'm so sorry to hear about all the losses you have suffered lately. I'm glad Blade's life was saved, but what a sad future for such a little guy. Thank goodness we have an eternal perspective!

Michelle said...

I have that engagement photo in my scrapbook! with the comment - "this is why Karalee flaked on me for a dance. ah well, he's a good guy."