I finally got to the La Brea Tar Pits! I have always wanted to go to La Brea and I finally made it there. It was a much smaller museum and grounds than I expected, but thousands of ice age animals have been found there. It is amazing how whole food chains would get caught in the muck! The workers said that it would only take a couple of inches of asphalt to trap a huge mammoth! Amazing.
My kids enjoyed the experience! We had quite the adventure with Afton, Thomas, and Vicki. We drove down with Thomas, and took an MTA bus home. Jayden was especially excited about the bus ride, and Kelsey was able to sit in her favorite spot..... the very back. I was wishing I had enforced sitting in the front, because the bus soon became very full and quite hot in the back. Despite a slight bought of motion sickness, the trip was a complete success! Thanks Vicki for letting us tag along! It was a great adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment