Sunday, November 9, 2008

Michael's Wedding

On Friday, Allen and I were able to attend Michael Earl (my nephew and buddy)'s wedding at the Los Angles temple. We were a little concerned on our way to the temple that we may face some problems. On thursday, hundreds of protesters from the no on prop. 8 campaign marched to the temple in protest to members involvement in helping to pass Prop. 8. They stayed till all hours of the night and we were not sure if they would greet us when we arrived at the temple.

I am happy to report that they had left the premisis and we were able to make it to Michael's wedding with no incident. I was relieved that Michael and Danielle did not have to deal with that on their all important spiritual day.

Michael and Danielle were quite smart and decided to get married on Friday and not do their reception till Saturday. This allowed for a much more relaxed wedding day with plenty of time for photos. (of course, besides the wedding itself, it is the most important part :)
Yesterday was the reception and I enjoyed celebrating Michael's wedding with my family! I can not stress enough how much I love my family! I only wish I had a chance to take a picture of my immediate family before Jayden and Allen had to hurry off to his baseball game. I did, however, get a picture with my parents and siblings. It was so great to spend the day with them! Although we all live close, we don't get us all together too often. (and those times are just not often enough for me) Our kids had a great time playing together!


Since I have tons of photos, I will post a slideshow of the two days events for those of you interested.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the pictures makes me miss your family. Can't wait to see the slide show.

Vicky said...

I am so glad to hear that all was calm at the temple on Friday. Can't wait to see the photos. Everyone looks very happy. I LOVE weddings!

Michelle Williams said...

Everyone looks so good! Micheal and Danielle were glowing, how cool. Can't wait for more photos.
Although I'm with Heather they make me miss your family.

Tami Sue said...

OH YAY, I'm glad you posted pics of the temple. I was worried that they only had a civil wedding (do to the protestors) when I saw only the reception pics on facebook. Looked like a beautiful weekend for your family. :D