We had already removed our trampoline, and finished raking the rest of the rock up on Sat. We now need to remove a small tree stump and pick up a few straggler rocks left behind, before we can put new weed blocker fabric down and get the rock put back in place. I had planned on putting the kids to work collecting the last few rocks by hand, but our backyard was full of mud and puddles.
I am sad that I couldn't move this project along more because it is something that I have been working on since November, but it was nice to camp out at home and enjoy the day together.
My kids each ended up having a friend over. Joseph Jagard was the first to arrive and hung out with Jayden for most of the day. They had fun getting reunited and found that they have a lot of similar interests. Joseph also seemed happy to have little people to talk to after spending most of his time here in California with adults. Kelsey then invited Amelia over to play American Girl dolls. The highlight of their day was decorating shirts for their dolls that had "Wicked" messages on them. Jordan topped of the day by having Chad Westinskow over. Although we doubled the amount of kids in our home, it was still a quiet, relaxing day.
I was able to switch gears from my outdoor project to entering in clothing prices into the computer for a consignment project I have been working on. Vicky alerted me to a huge consignment deal happening in Santa Clarita this month and I am thrilled to be putting tons of cloths up for sale. I have had boxes of clothing sitting around and hope they will bring in lots of money at the sale and help rid my home of lots of little things I no longer need. Between this and the garage sale, I really am starting to feel that I am making progress and having fun enjoying the monetary rewards it brings.
Today, I am finally taking some time to not only catch up on my blog, but to read all of yours as well. Sadly, it has been way to long and I have a lot to read. Then I am back at entering in cloths and hanging them up on the specified wire hangers, which is the biggest time eater. I have a ton of old jeans that have to be safety pinned to the hanger. I am excited to do it, though, and hope my things sell well at the consignment store.
2 comments:
Well at least the hardest part of the back yard is done, the part you can't do yourself!
YAY, the POLE IS GONE!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!
Post a Comment