
I have been without my camera since August and it has taken some of the fun out of blogging. I have a thing for adding photos to support what I am commenting about. I borrowed Paula's camera to capture out latest events last Thursday, so here goes the update:Jordan was finally able to run his first cross country race. He sustained a calf injury just before the first race, then reinjured it the first day back to practice when the coach accidently gave him the wrong directions on
where to run and he overexerted himself the first day back. He is not quite back up to par of where he was before the injury, so I am sure he will just get better from here. He ran 3.1 miles in 20 min. 18 seconds. He would have come in a little faster if he had realized the starting line and finishing line were not the same thing, but it took three people passing him in a full sprint for him to realize what had happened. He came in 26th place out of around 90 runners. Not too bad for his first run. He will be competing again this Thursday, so we will see how he does.Kelsey will finally be getting a piano to help her move along in her lessons. We lucked out and a lady in our stake called Sister Neilson to tell her she had a piano she wanted to give away. Since Sandra has been bugging me for over a year to buy one for Kelsey, she decided Kelsey would be
the prime candidate to recieve a free one. Guess it pays to procrastinate sometimes. :)Jayden started up baseball again and is loving every minute of it! He has pitched twice in the last three game and was the only pitcher able to strike all three batters out without allowing any runs. He is getting quite a name for himself in this new league! He was also given the chance to play catcher twice so far, which is his second favorite possition. Since his brother and sister get off to school earlier this year, Jayden has enjoyed some extra time with mom and dad. We decided that the morning would be a prime time for dad to practice baseball with him since Allen is so busy after work, so Allen now takes him out for a half hour every morning to work on his skills. He is a very happy boy!


I am enjoying lots of scrapbooking and time with friends. I went away for our annual Labor Day scrapaway and while there, we decided to reinstate our once a week morning scrapbooking. Paula Greenall, Lori Godown, Kelly Kelsey, Mindy Stout, and I are the regulars and we have had a few others join us from time to time as well. It is great fun and we even do a pot luck lunch to add the cherry on top of the experience.
4 comments:
are kids welcome? I'll come scrapbook too. :)
Ashley brought her daughter before.... It is at Mindy's tomorrow, give her a call and find out for sure. (It's been at my house the last two weeks, so any time it is here, you are welcome to bring them.)
I miss my Simi ward and friends! Looks like you're busy as usual...I think that is your middle name!
i enjoyed the update. i'd been wondering where you were! jordan's track accomplishment is very impressive (no way will i ever be down to 20 minutes for a 5k). that's great that kelsey got a piano! my girls just started taking lessons. they're liking it so far.
have fun scrapbooking! i miss you!
Post a Comment