Sunday, November 22, 2009

Photo shoot

I have been very excited to post some pictures that Ashley Roberts took of Kelsey, Catherine, and Amelia, but did not want to post them without getting permission from Ashley first. With permission granted... here goes.

The toughest job for this photo shoot was trying to come up with coordinating outfits for the girls to wear coming from 3 different households. I started by bringing about 10 outfits to Paula's house and narrowing our choices down depending on Amelia's outfits. In the end, we came up with two good choices, so we used them both. We started in the fall colors. Ashley had asked that the girls wear bright colors that would really pop against the weeds of the rustic background she had in mind.
Next, we moved locations and the girls did a quick change in the cars.

Amelia had mentioned that her family thought this picture of Kelsey looked like an album cover, so I photo shopped her name and a heart onto the photo. Now all she needs is to record some original music :)
My husband loves this picture of Kelsey and when I asked if he liked the look of attitude on her face he said he does because he is hopeful that this is the look she gives when boys come her way. (wishful thinking, I am sure!)

This one is my favorite. Kelsey is looking serious without looking like she is ready to fight. I love the creamy effect Ashley added to the photo. I think Paula referred to this one as the girls glamor shot. They do look older in this pose.
I love the edgy look of these photos. Very appropriate for their age group! I love the angles Ashley used on these photographs. I also love the natural, fun moments she captured in the girls. She really encouraged them to have fun and be the giggly friends that they are!

I can not fully describe the excitement these girls has in the days leading up to the photo shoot and once on location, you can see by the pictures how much they ate up the moment. Thanks, Ashley, for making our girls feel important and beautiful and giving them the gift of these photos to treasure for years to come. You truly did an amazing job!

5 comments:

Poppy said...

So cute! I want her information. I am coming down after christmas and want to get some good family pictures.

Laura said...

this is the cutest thing ever. i have to say my girls are going to be VERY jealous. i love how the pictures just totally captured their personalities. so great!

the Roberts said...

Gorgeous girls make gorgeous pictures. I love the 'album' cover. It's exactly what it needed. too cute
Let me know if you need any other pics with different effects.

Mindy said...

After hearing all about the pictures, it is fun to see them finished! They turned out great!

Laura said...

hi this is Gwyneth. I just wanted to say hi to Kelsey. I miss her and Amelia.