Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Rough Day

Today in church, my friend Consuelo gave her very first talk in sacrament meeting. I was so proud of her to agree to speak because she is pretty self conscious about her English not being good enough and hard for people to understand. Of course she did a fantastic job speaking on the subject, "Love one Another". After reading a few scriptures on this topic, she got into a personal story about how she needed some help recovering after Chris Anthony was born, but she has a hard time accepting service. She began to recount the story of how Natalie taught her to allow people to serve her and and insisted to help. At the mere mention of her name, the tears just began to flow. I am really missing my dear friend! To top things off, our relief society lesson was about friendship and the teacher was asking us to recount stories of how our friends have blessed and touched out lives. Natalie was the example of a friend who was there to serve and uplift her friends, so of course, my mind went straight to her and all the times she was there for me. I am not sure how long it is going to be until I can just think of her and smile and just remember the happiness I experienced when I was with her and leave the tears behind.

6 comments:

Lila said...

I'm sorry your friend natalie isn't here for you to tell that to but I bet her family would love a note, telling them about those good feelings and the good example she was for you on her best days. :) hugs.

Poppy said...

I don't think the tears will ever be left behind. She was such a wonderful friend to everyone, but it was cut way too short. I often think of her and miss her terribly as well. The world is just not the same without Natalie in it. Or Ginger for that matter. At this point we can just be grateful to be counted as one of their friends and look forward to the time when all hurt and sadness is removed. We were blessed with our little group of friends and no matter where I go or what new friends I make, I miss my Simi gals. Those were some of the best days of my life!

Paula said...

I felt the same way. Natalie was truly a beautiful example of how to be a true friend!

Laura said...

ditto on what poppy and paula said. i'm always surprised by how much i think about ginger and natalie (and you guys, of course). i guess when people touch our lives that much, we are always going to be reminded of them.

the Roberts said...

We were out of town on Sunday, I love reading your post as a "recap" to what I missed. Do you talk much with TIffany Roberts?

Mindy said...

I feel the same way. Something will just strike me out of the blue and remind me of Natalie and I will start to tear up in the oddest places.