Saturday, February 6, 2010

Disappointed

For those who know me well, you know that it is rare for me not to have a camera in my hand ready to add 200+ pictures to my collection at any given event. Well, that has not been the case since July when my Canon EOS got an error message that I could not get rid of. I initially was not sure where to go get my camera fixed, so I did nothing for months. I finally sent it into canon and they estimated a $3oo repair. Hmmm, what to do now..... buy a new camera or repair that one.

After wrestling with that decision, I finally decided to buy one at Costco. I kept it in the box until my mom's party, still feeling unsure if I made the right decision on my purchase. Now that I finally have a good camera in hand, I was ready to fill up my hardrive with memories. Problem was, my new camera with my year old lens took slightly blurry pictures. I thought it may be because of the lens, so I took more pictures today using the new lens that came with the camera, but still had the same problem. Now what do I do?


I will still share some of the cute, but slightly blurry pictures of Jaimee and my brother Jeff getting ready to leave for the daddy daughter dance at the church and ones of Kelsey and Allen as well. ( I made corsages for the two girls and had to take pictures when I delivered Jaimee's flowers to Jeff.)
For those of you following Jaimee's recovery, she becomes more of a miracle each day! She is walking much more steadily now and rarely needs you to hold her hand for balance. She has begun to string multiple words together and even said a whole prayer on her own last week. She is a happy, loving little angel and I am so blessed to have her living so close to me now. Nothing can cheer up a bad day like a quick visit to Jaimee!

2 comments:

jenafeldman said...

Ohhhh this is such an annoying prolem. I have the same issue with one of my lenses. It may actually be that the camera isn't quite focusing or it could be that the lens and camera are calibrated slightly off, but within the "normal range". They say that normal is +/- 2 (or something thereabouts) so if your camera is +2 and the lens is -2 they are both "normal" but far enough off of each other to keep the pictures from being crisp. I read that many pros send in all their lenses and bodies and have them calibrated together so that they are perfect. Also, depending on the model you have you may be able to calibrate the lens/camera right on your camera. (Read the manual to find out) Many times this feature is on the higher end models, but they are slowly making their way down to the entry level models. I hope this helps and you figure out why it isn't working quite right!

The party looked amazing! What a fun surprise for your mom... she deserves it. Love you!

jenn

Michelle Williams said...

Those girls are toooo ADORABLE! What cute dresses too.