Thursday, March 25, 2010

One year mark

Today marks the one year anniversary since Jaimee's accident. It is a true miracle that she is still with us today. She is an inspiration to everyone she meets. Her determination to push on with a smile constantly on her face is truly inspiring. I have learned so much from this little angel and I am so blessed to have her in my life.
Jeff and Mardee wanted to honor those doctors and nurses who saved her life one year ago and planned a lunchen at the hospital. My mom and I joined their family in the festivities. It was great to be able to once again thank them face to face and allow them the opportunity to see the fruits of their labor. (pictured with Dr. Simnani (sp?) and Nurse Alma who provided the bulk of Jaimee's care while in Northridge Hospital)
For those following Jaimee's progress, she is now talking in full sentences at times. She still speakes quite monotone, but last night, when something startled her, she blurted out, "What the Heck?" with lots of intonation. Her whole family heard it and laughed and she was able to then repeat her statement with the same intonation again. I am sure that has opened a new window for her and I look forward to seening how this experience will change her speach patterns.
She is still a little wobbly when she walks, but her movements are getting smoother all the time. She has started getting hurt a little more often as well, because she wants to run and doesn't quite have the best control while running.
The other day, while at my house, Jaimee headed down the stairs (which she can do with just supervision now) and stopped 2/3 of the way down, then proceeded back up the stairs backwords continuing to walk that way into Kelsey's room.

We are looking forward to what each new week will bring with her, because she meets all of her physical and educational goals so quickly that you just never know what she will do next.

2 comments:

Lila said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I am so happy for your family and especially for jamie. i would love watching all her milestones too. :)

Michelle Williams said...

She looked so good and what a tease!