Sunday, April 11, 2010

Zip-Line Beach

We have been very blessed have fantastic neighbors, whom we all love to spend time with! Rita invited us to join her family in celebrating the last day of spring break with a trip to zip-line beach.


















Highlights of the day were:

  • riding the zip-line "backwards"
  • introducing Amelia to zip line beach (I still can't believe she had never been!)
  • flying kites
  • "scaring" two boys (this was a long lasting game involving all the kids popping up behind these boys and the boys in turn trying to hide, or making creepy faces to them to scare them as well. A very silly game!)
  • Kelsey leading Amanda and Amelia up and down the sand hill. With all that running, the girls must be in great shape!
  • Rita getting attacked by the dragon kite while trying to help Jayden and Diego get it down in the wind.
  • watching Jordan scale the back of the ship as if it took no effort at all!
  • Being called the paparazzi when the girls caught me taking pictures of them getting their legs wet in the ocean. (I was sitting on the rocks with my dark blue Canada sweatshirt with the hood on. I can't imagine what ever possessed them to call me that :)
  • Having so much fun that we doubled the time that we thought we would be staying at the beach that day, despite the wind and cool weather.

Now that I am able to get blogger to cooperate, here are more pictures to highlight our fun:

4 comments:

Paula said...

Amelia has been to that beach before. I even have pictures of her on the zip line.

Karalee said...

Funny, Paula... I even asked her again once we got there to see if she remembered it after seeing it and she said no.

Laura said...

how did we never go to that beach? guess we'll have to come back and see it!

Lila said...

hmm... where is zipline beach. my californians need to know. ;)