Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Personal best


Jordan ran two personal best races last week at his track meet. He bettered his time on the mile by 10 seconds and came in 13th place. He also bettered his time in the half mile a achieved third place. He looked so strong and was wildly being cheered on by his adoring fans (Mom, Brother, ?Sister, Grandma, Aunt Mardee+her 3 boys, my nieces Shaundel and Shaina... it was tax day, so his dad had to participate by phone)

*Jordan's time of 5 minutes 20.64 seconds is on the screen beyond Jayden and his cousins watchin the meet last Thursday.

It was exciting to see him merge from last place, to the middle of the pack by the time he had gone around the track the first time ( in the 800 run). Then on the last 1/8 mile, I repositioned myself to get a photo finish of the end of the race, I looked up in time to snap a picture of Jordan's teammate who was coming into first place, then turned to try to find Jordan in the crowd and there he was in third place! Had he kicked it a tiny bit sooner, I think he would have been able to make it into 2nd place, because he was quickly gaining on the one in front of him.
I am excited for his progress in running and am glad he decided to join track! He has a race this Thursday and one Saturday and I can't wait to be there cheering him on. GO JORDAN!

No comments: