Yesterday, her family was cleaning up toys, getting ready for a trip to the park. She was handed little puzzle pieces to go put away, but then decided to slip into the backyard to play. She has had a fascination with pretending to be a dog lately and took the family dog's collar off and snapped it onto her neck. She then went to play on their jungle gym, where the collar go caught on a knot of the climbing rope, and we almost lost her.
Luckily, my sister in law had just taken a CPR class just one month before and she was able to start CPR on her immediately and help save her life. She did not regain a pulse until she was in the ambulance on her way to the hospital. There was a lot of ups
and downs yesterday. Her lungs are damaged and she has swelling on the brain, causing her vitals to go crazy.
To make a long story short, she was life lifted to Northridge hospital. Her heart stopped twice after getting to the hospital, but the doctor was able to stabilize her after a few hours. We were told that we will not know how well she will recoup until the injury is 3 days old. They said the swelling is the worst on the third day, so we are waiting till Friday.
Today was a much better day and some progress has been made. We are very hopeful and feel the presence of the Holy Ghost giving us a calm, peaceful feeling. Please keep her in your prayers and also say an extra prayer for her parents who now have to face many encounters with social services!
I am just so glad that my sweet little niece is still with us!
7 comments:
whoa--too scary. we'll be praying for her, for you, and the rest of the family.
how scary! I'm so sorry. I will keep you guys in my prayers too.
thanks for the update, I have been thinking about your family since I heard. Lots of love and prayers are being sent to you from AZ.
I just thought today, because I am slow and it should have been obvious, to pray specifically for her lungs and brain to return to normal! Whew long sentence. So I am praying today for that especially, as well as for the whole family. LOVE you!
Give Mardee and Jeff our best - they will be in our prayers!
Oh my gosh! I saw you had mentioned something about almost losing ur niece and I thought you meant, like, you guys couldn't find her for a while. I had NO IDEA that something so horrible had happened. Please send my love to Jeff and Mardee and tell them that you all are in my prayers. I'm so sorry.
Karalee, my thoughts and prayers are with your niece, her parents and your family of course. God Bless.
Post a Comment