So, here is the post that I have been both dreading and avoiding and I am still not sure if I am ready to do it, but I have other posts waiting in line for this one to be completed.
Natalie has been one of my dearest friends for about 10 years now. I met her at our ward Luau a few days after they moved into our ward. She had brought baby Keri with her and I can still picture her smiling face as my husband introduced me to them. Allen had met them a few days prior when he helped move them into their home. I believe Allen was the elders quorum president at the time.
Natalie and I quickly became close friends and spent a lot of time together. We had many play dates at each other's home and we also put together a Friday park play day together with all of our friends. We toured all of the parks here in Simi, switching park locations each Friday.
Natalie and I also took advantage of Disneyland's southern California resident plan and were able to get season passes for only $89 each. We decided that we would buy them for ourselves Jordan and Michael Todd and go once a month for the year. (Kelsey and Keri were still free) Natalie, being the planner that she was, made sure that we made it to Disneyland 12 times. In fact, she even went the last month without me because she had it on the calender to go and even the pouring rain was not going to stop her from going!
As to not make this post too long, I will end with one more memory of Natalie that embodies the kind of person she is. Tyler was born about 4 months before Jayden (each of those boys being the 3rd child in the family) Natalie insisted on coming over to my house and helping me with household chores just shortly after I had come home from the hospital with Jayden. She was still adjusting to having a new baby in the house and had plenty to do at her own house, but that was Natalie. Always serving other people!
She will always be one of my dearest friends! I will remember her smile, her kindness, her patience, her cleanliness, her positive words, and most of all her supportive friendship. Till we meat again, Natalie!
I got the news about Natalie's passing while on a trip to Newport Beach with my family. The news hit me pretty hard and the emotions I was carrying both of her passing and the situation that was unfolding with my niece were weighing very heavily on me. That week was one of the hardest to endure. So, to move past the pain and into a little more of a "normal" state of being, I am going to make a small list of blessings that have come through the trials I have been experiencing in my life. So here goes:
- I have never felt closer to my husband. The support, understanding, and love he has given me throughout this process has been a HUGE blessing to me and to our relationship.
- I have gained a stronger testimony of the power of fasting and prayer. After Jaimee's accident, we had hundreds of prayers being said in Jaimee's behalf and for our family. The best way to explain the effect those prayers had on my whole family was that we felt a huge blanket of love, calm and peace laying over top of the fear and worry. The spirit helped our whole family through a very scary time!
- I have gained a strong relationship with my nephews: J.D., Ben, and Nathan that I would have never had if it were not for this accident. They have found a new home away from home and will hopefully always feel at home when coming back to visit!
- I have had a lot of time with my brother, Jeff, who has always been one of my best friends. I will always cherish the times we spent together in Jaimee's hospital room visiting. He has always been a good example to me and during this trial, he has shown an amazing amount of compassion and concern for others during a time when he needs all of the above himself. His selfless acts with the people we met in the hospital was truly remarkable and his influence on others will be felt for years to come!
- My family, meaning my parents and siblings, have been more united. We had worked together to lighten Jeff and Mardee's burdens and helped each other as well. We have spent more quality time together in the last month and this has strengthen our family.
- It has been wonderful watching the Lord unfold many miracles in all of our lives. He is watching over us and blessing our families!
- The outpouring of love and concern from many friends and relatives has been amazing. The love you each have given to me is very appreciated and help lighten the weight I have felt during this difficult time. THANK YOU!
6 comments:
i'm proud of you for coming through your tough times with such a good attitude. i hope you get to take a break from any new trials, though! miss you and all the other ca girls....
I love all the nice things you wrote about Natalie. She was amazing. I love that we are all letting the wonderful person she is outshine her death.
Hugs, love you!!
Thanks for a great post Karalee. You are a good, good woman.
i dont' know what happened to your friend natalie but i'm sorry for your loss. she sounds like a very unique friend. it seems heavenly father has been calling home many of these angels lately (ginger z. clinton)...
thank you for this post. i have have been in 'a spot' lately with my spirituality and feeling sorry for myself for stupid reasons (is their ever a good reason to feel sorry for yourself...?). your experiences, words and testimony uplift me. your family is lucky to have you too and i am glad you are my friend. ;)
Karalee, you have always been an example to me of unwavering faith and strength. Seeing you deal with such difficult circumstances lately have once again left me amazed at your spiritual insight through it all.
I love you and am grateful that you are in my life.
Post a Comment