First off, this is a picture my brother, Jeff got of Jaimee smiling in response to Mardee singing her favorite song. She was still heavily medicated, but she managed to respond anyway. What a blessing to see that smile again!My niece hit another milestone today, so I thought I would take a minute to update those of you concerned with her progress. She had an MRI this afternoon which she had to be put to sleep for, so they opted to keep her on the ventilator until the test was complete. After the test, they were able to extubate her and my brother
and his wife were finally able to hold their little Jaimee after three weeks of her being hooked up to machines. It was a very exciting moment for them! She is still coming down off of sedation meds and they are giving her meds to help with the withdrawal symptoms. We should get the results from the MRI tomorrow. We continue to pray that this sweet little girl will be able to make a full recovery from her injuries!
4 comments:
AHH! I have been trying to keep up, here and on myspace and i'm surely praying. thank you for the updates. i really am paying attention even if it takes me a few days to get there. I am so glad your family has been blessed with a steady incline towards recovery for your sweet niece. i just wanted you to know i was out there and am praying. xoxox lila
Oh I'm sooo glad to hear that, Karalee! Give Jeff and Mardee my love and I will continue to pray for Jaimee's full recovery. *hugs*
I love that she responds to singing, what a blessing.
i'm so happy that she seems to be doing well! i'll keep praying...
Post a Comment