Jordan decided to join the high school cross country team which meets at 7:45 a.m. every week day, which will soon turn into 6 days a week. Since he needed to get up and get going, it made the decision to keep our morning reading the same an easy one. Once Jordan gets off to his run, the little kids and I work on our morning jobs. This has made it easier for Allen to get off to work in the summer so much easier then when we would be lazing around the house in the past.
Jordan is loving cross country, which I am very happy about. I am impressed at his willingness to get up and go each morning without complaint and always tries his best. I am sure it will make the transition to High school a little easier since he will already be part of a group and know a few people.
Jordan also received a fabulous gift from my parents as an early birthday/graduation gift. He is taking private violin lessons and we have already seen some improvements in his playing. I LOVE to hear him play. He is a gifted musician and I hope he will take full advantage of his new teacher.
Kelsey has felt the most effects from our decision to get up early during the summer. She is my sleeper and we have taken a few days off of our normal schedule while Allen and Jordan were at youth conference to allow her the beauty sleep she craves! She is currently enrolled in a summer orchestra class with Catherine Carranza and Amelia Greenall. They are all learning the violin and enjoying the time they get to spend together each day.
Good friends are the best! Jayden is my consistent morning worker, getting started on his jobs each morning without being asked. He loves the freedom of time to play that the summer affords and is insisting on daily (when we are home) games of Canasta. He has become a strong swimmer this summer and is loving playing with our boogie board in the pool.
Of course, beach days are my favorite part of summer. My kids aren't always sharing my sentiments these days, but it is a tradition I am just not willing to part from.
Last week was particularly fun at the beach. I was able to go with Tami and two of her boys and meet up with both ward friends and old high school friends. Besides being a little cold, we had a great, relaxing time at the beach.
This year we had a very RELAXING Independence Day. We swam as a family, had a BBQ, and met up with our friends at the church for a picnic and to watch the fireworks. This year they were exploding right in front of the moon, which looked really cool!
I just love summer days and am grateful for all the time I get to spend with my children!!!
1 comment:
how fun! i missed the church fireworks this year. good memories!
Post a Comment