We also took a good look at the famous Hope diamond in it's new necklace setting. It was impressive! We had fun finding our birthstones in the gem room.
It was getting to be dinner time and although I didn't want to waist a minute on finding a place to eat, too many things to see in D.C. and not enough time to see them all. I lost that battle and our stomachs helped us find a McDonald's to fill our empty bellies. We had the pleasure of having a homeless man follow us around the McDonald's trying to get us to fill his coffee cup. Luckily we had some extra food to share with him.
We then walked back to our hotel and got the kids settled into bed. Knowing the White House was only two blocks away, Allen and I took a walk in the cold night to get a nighttime view of that Majestic building.
No comments:
Post a Comment