My baby girl just turned 13! It's hard to believe that 2/3 of my kids are now teenagers! And
since Jayden wants to attend middle school in 6th grade that means next year is his last in elementary school! How fast time flies!

A few of Kelsey's friends gave her presents at school on Wednesday, then sweet Amelia came after school and delivered 13 super cute ice cream cone cup cakes that she had made for Kelsey! She is lucky to have such good friends!
Our family and my mom all attended Jayden's game on Wednesday to cheer him on. He had a great game and pitched a strikeout to win the game. I'm excited that the season has started. I love watching my little man play! I also love taking action shots and got a few good ones this game.
Jayden's first baseball game of the season fell on Kelsey's birthday, so she got to have her celebrations spread out numerous days. I took her shopping at the mall on Monday and let her pick out some new cloths and hair accessories. Then we met up with the boys at the movie theater to see Tangled for family home evening. Kelsey had been wanting to see that movie for quite a while.
(This is a picture of Kelsey holding Brian and Heidi's adorable daughter, Ayla)
On Tuesday, Kelsey loved being able to wear a new outfit! Allen took the boys shopping that evening to allow the boys to pick out something special for her.
A few of Kelsey's friends gave her presents at school on Wednesday, then sweet Amelia came after school and delivered 13 super cute ice cream cone cup cakes that she had made for Kelsey! She is lucky to have such good friends!
After the game we went out to eat at TGI Friday's and gave Kelsey her presents. Jordan gave her the new
"
White" Pokemon video game, Jayden picked out Little Big Planet 2, and Allen got her the book The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart (Thanks again, Amelia for your help in this pick!) They had also bought her some candy. She also got a new church shirt and a few new things for her American girl dolls.
My birthday was Friday and I had to go to the eye doctor for a post op check up at 9:30 a.m. Everything is healing really well except for the fact that I have sever dryness (which is quite common after surgery) The lack of moisture still effects my vision, so I am excited for them to fully heal so I can have crisp vision all the time!
After that appointment, I headed down the street for a doctor's appointment. I decided that I better take care of a painful wart I have growing on my toe! Not the best way to spend my birthday, but now that I work, it's harder to find time to take care of such things. Might as well take advantage of an open appointment right after my eye doctor. After freezing it, the doctor call the dermatology department to refer me for a future appointment. She thought it would take 2-4 weeks to get an appointment, but they happened to have a cancellation that day, 45 min. from that time in the next town over. I had just enough time to head to another appointment for a separate treatment on my toe. Allen and I were scheduled to go to my favorite restaurant that afternoon, which was down the street from the Kaiser building, so everything seemed to be falling into line.
Well, that's as far as my luck took me, because things unraveled a bit at the doctor's appointment. The doctor was never informed that the 11:45 appointment had been taken and the nurse who checked me in and set me into my room left for lunch after getting me settled and there I sat for WAY TOO LONG! Then when I finally fished someone out of the hallway to help me and the doctor was paged a few times to get her back to the hospital, she didn't want to do a second treatment on my toe saying it would be too much for one day!!!! She did end up doing it, but my lunch appointment had long since passed and I was worried I wouldn't be able to have my long awaited PF Chang's birthday lunch.
Luckily, I have a flexible husband who waited around for me and we had a great lunch after I was able to arrange for someone to watch out for my kids who would be coming home from school soon. Allen gave me a fantastic little video camera that fits into the palm of your hand. He figured it would be perfect for our upcoming trip to Europe. It is so small that I can fit it in my purse even when it is in it's case!!! I love it!
After a fabulous lunch, I decided to go shopping at Macy's for a little bit since my kids were all now home and could watch over each other. I bought a new outfit for church and found an adorable dress for Kelsey ($70 dress on clearance for $15!!) That dress ended up being perfect for the fancy birthday party her friend was having that evening and wore it to the party. It's black with a hot pink tie and a Paris scene on the bottom.
I was waiting to get pictures off Allen's cell phone before I post this, but looks like that would take me forever. Here goes minus the pictures.
1 comment:
Loved catching up with your posts! THANKS!!!
Post a Comment