Friday, October 31, 2008

Prop. 8

For those of you that haven't noticed, I am very passionate about passing prop. 8. I am trying to do all that I can to ensure that traditional marriage (marriage between one man and one woman) be preserved. It is vital to me that it pass to ensure that I retain my right to be able to teach my children the values I would like them to have and not for the school system to teach them about alternative lifestyles.
My children have seen my husband and I serve numerous hours in support of prop. 8, as well as seen us talking to friends and neighbors about the issue. We have distributed many signs to our neighbors, as well. Now seeing all this, my kids decided to jump on the band wagon and work to preserve marriage as well. Jayden and Kelsey made at least 35 signs that read, "Yes on Prop.8 Protect Marriage" They then taped many of these signs in each of our windows in our home. Although they are hard to read from a far, once close enough, there is no doubt on our families stance on this issue!
Here are some photos to illustrate this:







If nothing else, our children have learned the importance of marriage and after writing all those signs, I don't think they will soon forget it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love it. You have taught your kids well.

Judy Andreason said...

Karalee,
Good for you. I sure hope it passes.
Judy