Saturday, January 17, 2009

All alone

I am actually all alone in my house on a Saturday....that never happens. Jordan is at a party for Brady's birthday, Kelsey went with Afton to see Marlie and Me on the Fox lot, and Jayden and Allen went to the school to fly a kite. So, I though I would take advantage of the quiet and give you a little update.

I have been working on decluttering and preparing for a garage sale to be held next Saturday. I am finding this process very overwhelming!! I am very conflicted when it comes to this sort of thing.... I would love to simplify and get rid of a ton to make it easier to keep things tidy, but I get so attached to things and find it hard to part with even my kids toys that they haven't been playing with much. I am trying to be better and weed through more, but I am finding it difficult. So, one more week to prepare and it's time to get more serious. Hopefully the time crunch will help speed me up!

My kids had a great time playing rock band while at Mike and Connie's house last month, so that is what gave me the idea that this is the month to do our garage sale. I figured if the kids want such a pricey item, then we can't buy it unless they sell their current items to pay for it. I decided it would make it easier for us all to part with our treasures, if we will end up with a fun family activity to play in the end.

Well....back to work before my quiet disappears!

1 comment:

KMJ said...

Karalee, I feel the same EXACT way about decluttering. It is very difficult, but I want the en result so much. The Rock Band idea is so great. Did it work out? And thank you for lending some legos to my boy while he is visiting his grandparents on your street! I REALLY appreciated it.