Thursday, January 29, 2009

California Adventure
















It's 2fer time at Disneyland, so Connie and I planned a Thornock adventure to California. We didn't get the whole family there, but pretty close. I racked up my credit card points and bought 19 adult tickets and 11 kids tickets at our local Vons. It sure is convenient to pick up a few tickets every time I headed to the store!

The kids had two days off of school for teacher training days. It makes for the PERFECT days to go to Disneyland. We decided to head to California Adventure on Thursday, and Disneyland on Friday, since Disney is open later on Fridays. Lucky for us, the rain had passed and we were in for good weather.

As a fun side note, Jayden lost his front tooth just after we put him to bed on Wed. night. He was laying in bed, trying not to go to sleep, waiting for Mike and Connie to show up at our house. He wiggled that tooth right out!!

We met up with the Thornock and Hill families in front of California Adventure. After snapping some family photos, we headed into the park. After spending time collecting tickets for all the families, when it was our turn to go through, I was informed that Jayden and Kelsey's passes had expired!!! In my hast to get tickets, I didn't even remember that their annual passes had been dated different than Jordan and I because we had turned in a 2fer ticket and upgraded to passes. Their passes had been dated with the first time the 2 fers had been used. I knew they were dated different then mine, but I thought they were good until February, not Jan. So, after all my prior preparations, I still had to stand in line for tickets. Typical!

After we finally had tickets in hand, we entered the park for a fun day full of short lines and good company. We had a great time as a family and were able to hit California Screamin as many times as we wanted since the lines were only about 5 min. long. We had a great day!

No comments: