Of course, having never planned anything more than a birthday party or a mother/daughter activity days dinner, I was not sure how good of a job I could do. However, since scrapbooking with my girlfriends was involved, it was an undertaking I was willing to try. With Vicky's help and support, we began to search for a place to scrap. Of course I get the credit this trip for the planning and carrying out the event, but Vicky really deserves the credit for a lot of it, because she was key in choosing a location. Thanks for all the help, Vicky!
I must say that I was surprisingly calm about heading up this event. I would normally have been a stress case trying to figure out all the details, but having all my lovely friends behind me to help along the way, it was surprisingly easy! As a matter of fact, I have no problem doing it again next year! All those who came were so very helpful in all the meal preparations, furniture moving, and clean-up, that I wasn't stressed at all. I was able to sit back and enjoy myself.
and fit it into my car like this:
Amazing isn't it. To look at the stuff, you would never think it would fit! We even added my huge box of paper in the spot on the tables and a few other items not pictured against the guest house wall.
Our trip home went surprisingly well. Being Labor day, I thought we may get stopped in traffic. Instead we sailed home in two and a half hours. Not bad! I had just wished we had left the house an hour earlier! I realized that I would be returning home an hour after my kids bedtime and I just wanted so badly to give them all great big hugs. I had enjoyed my time away from all the responsibilities of everyday life, but I missed my kids and was sad that I would have to wait till the morning to give them their big squeezes.
I returned home at 9:30pm to a very dark house. I was then surprised to have my three little munchkins come running out to me in their jammies to great me. I can't tell you how good it felt to hug them tight that night! They quickly led me into the house to show me a surprise. I
Just when I thought my surprise was complete, my kids brought me upstairs to a clean bonus room as well. I then lost it. The tears
As a side note, my plumaria flowered for the first time while I was gone. I am glad it stuck around long enough for me to see it. They are my favorite flower and the smell is to die for! Isn't it pretty?
5 comments:
What a great weekend, and an awesome surprise upon your homecoming! Maybe I should find an excuse to leave the house for the weekend just to give Doug and the kids a "chance" to surprise me like that... or, more realistically, make the house messier, I suspect! :(
LOL! Love you, Karalee!
what fun! I totally understand the work that goes into an event like that. the most I have ever been able to escape for a retreat is 3 days and I come home to a mess. I am a little jealous.
What a fantastic delight. 5 days of escape and a wonderful surprisingly clean house at the end being displayed by proud shining faces full of love. It doesn't get better than that!
Terry had even vacumed our closet floor when I got back from being with D and the boys. Love is grand!
Karalee, What a fun weekend for you and to come home to a clean house. I have a great son and grandkids. Our labor day was quiet as it rained all day. Sort of gloomy.
Judy
Ok..that brought tears to my eyes. You SO deserve it, Karalee. I'm so happy that your family showed you how important you are to them and how very much you are loved. :)
Post a Comment