Friday, September 5, 2008

Little trooper

My little guy has succumb to some sort of bug. His tummy was hurting, but no fever. Allen and I went back and forth on whether or not to send him to school, thinking he may feel better once he got going with his day, we asked him to give school a try. Not so lucky today! I let his teacher know he wasn't feeling 100% and left him there with instructions to call if he worsened. The call came an hour later. Jayden's little voice was on the other end and he simply said, "Hi mom, I'm ready to come home now."

I ran over to the school and picked him up in just enough time. As soon as we got home, he started climbing the stairs, got half way up and just stopped and groaned that he wish he didn't feel bad. I decided I better get him a bowl, just in case. As I was grabbing one, Jayden came down the stairs to meet me and threw up all over the kitchen floor. Poor guy, I guess he should have never even gone to school in the first place. It is so hard to know!

My little Jayden has got to be the easiest sick kid ever! He simply laid down in his bed and has slept the day away, only to get up to use the restroom. He asked for food at about 3:00, but other than that, he just lays there resting. What a sweet boy!

I just checked on him a little while ago when I returned home from tae kwon do with Jordan. I had stopped at Walmart and gotten him some Gatorade and wondered if he would like some. I gave it to him and asked if he would like me to do anything else and the sweet boy just grinned at me through his rosey cheeks and said," I'll let you know if I need anything." I truly doubt he will take me up on my offer, because he truly just takes care of himself when he is sick.

I hope my sweet boy will be better by morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that little punkin'! If only all sick kids were that easy. Hugs to Jayden!!