Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas questionaire

I received an e-mail from Michelle Carranza asking me to fill out a questionnaire about my preferences at Christmas time. I thought it would make a good post for this Christmas time, so here goes:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually Paper , but some decorative bags as well

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way.

3. When do you put up the tree? After thanksgiving (Usually the first Sunday after Thanksgiving, but this year, I couldn't wait. It went up the day after)

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Years

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really

6. Favorite gift received as a child. A glass doll my mom hand made for me.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad...unless I can find a new, got to have Garfield item, then it is easy :)

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my mom bought me the starter set for the Willow Tree nativity set..... I LOVE it, but would like to add to the set. My mom also made me a "stained glass" nativity quilt that I hang over my mantle. These are favorite decorations that I die to put up and cry when it is time to put them away.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like to mail mine, but have resorted to e-mail when we procrastinated getting them out. At least I was able to make an animated card, which was fun.

10.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early, but this year I have not done as well. I am usually pretty much done by now, but this year I still have a lot left to buy.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, a gift card I received came in really handy when I needed a last second gift.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I have followed my mom's tradition of having cold cut sandwiches on Christmas day. Casual and simple, just the way I like it!

15. Lights on the tree? yes, I have a pre-lit artificial tree

16. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all!

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!!

18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen , Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen....and Rudolph! ( With help from Michelle, who sent me this e-mail)

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither... I have a Santa holding an American flag, dressed in red, white, and blue cloths

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? One on Christmas Eve, and the rest Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That it doesn't last long enough

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Right now I have red, white, and blue patriotic theme. I have started adding sand dollars to my tree and would love to add more beachy type items to match my home.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Like I said before...easy, make yourself a sandwich when you are hungry type of eating on Christmas.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new camera lens, which has been on my list for a long while.....this years the year, I just know it!

25. Who is most likely to respond to this? I will be checking your blogs to see if I can find any takers.

2 comments:

The Schurr Family said...

I accept your challenge!!!! Christmas questionaire to be posted/replied to on my blog!

KMJ said...

Karalee, that picture at the top of your children is so great! I like your blog! Noticed how much you mentioned your mom on that Christmas questionaire. She is so great and you are lucky to call her mom! Of course I feel the same about my dear mama!