I am happy to announce that after four years of living in a mostly done kitchen remodel, we are finally getting the last few things finished up! The last of the cracks in my wood floor have been filled with wood putty and stained to match the floor and although you would probably not even notice a difference, I do!!! When I sweep, I don't have to watch as half the crumbs I am sweeping up are going into some random crack in my hardwood floor! Small pleasures in life.
When Allen asked me what I wanted for mother's day a few weeks back, I told him that I wanted my ice maker fixed. Who'd have thought that I would get the bonus of fixing all the other left over projects from years past. Allen, you don't even realize how happy this makes me!
So, Eddie Nunez is here with his brother. They finished the floors today and Eddie was installing the ice maker just before I came upstairs to blog. He has the part needed to fix my doorbell and I hope it will be working before the day is through. Other projects on the list are caulking the crown molding, baseboards, and bead board trim in the hallway. Putting up the trim around the doorways in the kitchen (these ended up being left off the last time around because the floor installers were also installing the door trim and nailed our pocket door shut while installing baseboard in the kitchen. Instead of admitting the mistake, they left the door nailed shut and told me they ran out of trim and didn't have enough for those doors.) We are also debating whether to rebuild the deck this year or wait a while longer. We are leaning towards getting it done since Eddie has offered us cheaper labor prices, but are waiting for final judgement on this one till we get the quote for how much it will cost us.
All in all, I am so happy to have things progressing around here again and I can finally close the door on the remodel of the kitchen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There is nothing like total completion of a project, SOOOOO satisfying!
We are coming this summer and I will get to see it done...and you and yours! :) That's satisfying too!
Yay! What an awesome Mother's Day gift! But will we be able to see the master bedroom when we come visit next...?? :P
Yay! That's the perfect gift! It's such a beautiful redo too!
it looks like i need to come visit again so i can see the final thing! has it really been 4 years since you started? wow. seriously, where does the time go?
Post a Comment