Sunday, May 10, 2009

The weeks events

I have been hoping to get caught up on blogging, but life just seems to have a way of keeping me too busy to keep up more regularly.

So here are some of my weeks events:

Wednesday Morning I left with my mom right after getting the kids off to school to go visit Mardee and her kids. We thought it would be good to give Mardee a little help mid week to give her a little reprieve of some of the things she has to do. It was great to see more improvements in Jaimee. She is moving around a lot more in her bed and is getting stronger every day! She is babbling quite a few different sounds and grasping with her hands now. I enjoyed holding her in the rocking chair and reading princess books to her and the boys. (I would finish one and Nathan would run get another princess book for her to hear. He and Ben listened intently to the stories.) I was amazed at how well Mardee is handling all that she has to do! She is truly inspirational! (Oh, and by the way..... aren't Ben and Nathan too cute for words? Sorry, J.D. You weren't in the room when I grabbed my camera.)




Wednesday Evening As I was leaving Jeff and Mardee's, I got a phone call from my cousin Danielle who was watching my kids saying that Jordan had a high fever and wasn't looking good. It only took one glance at him when I got home to agree with her. This sickness was different and I was worried about him. Along with the fever he complained that it was hard to breath and it felt like there was a ball in his lung. A three hour long visit to Kaiser that night ended with a prognosis of back to back viral infections. The Doctor had said his chest x-ray was clear and he said Jordan currently has the flu and to take him home and give him lots of fluids. ( I thought he had a sinus infection because of the green mucus, headaches and sinus pressure he had been having)

Thursday I was woken up by Jordan at 3:30 a.m. He was complaining of stabbing chest pains that were coming in waves along with the constant pain in his lung. We quickly called my dad over to give Jordan a blessing. The poor boy had not been able to sleep hardly at all and was quit miserable! Later that day, I was able to get an appointment for him in Woodland Hills Pediatric clinic. He was given Tylenol at 1 and Advil at 3 and still had a fever of 103.6 by 4:15 when he had his second appointment. He was in such bad shape at the doctors that they made him ride in a wheelchair to go for x-rays. This time they correctly diagnosed him with pneumonia. They decided not to hospitalize him since he could still breath without too much laboring. Two shots in the bum later, we were on our way home.

Friday Jayden's class put on a mother's day tea. It was the cutest thing ever! Jayden was so loving and mushy towards me, it just made the day so great! He escorted me in the room by offering me his arm, then handed me a rose and took me to my seat. He pulled the chair out for me and seated me. (glad to see he was learning some great manners at school). We had a great plate of goodies to eat while watching a great program put on by the kids. They made me tear up while they sang, " Wind beneath my wings" and then entertained us with poems, momisms and jokes. It was so great to be honored that way at school!

Jordan was doing much better! The antibiotic was really helping him feel better. We headed back to Kaiser for a recheck and the doctor was amazed at the quick results.

Saturday I finally got my green pool completely emptied. I had stopped putting chemicals in knowing we needed to drain the pool and start over. Our phosphate levels were so high, the chlorine was being eaten up immediately and our pool has had algae in it most of the winter. Normally the cooler weather makes it next to impossible to have the pool turn green, but I had fought it long enough. My dad and Allen also started to repair our broken valve that we use to fill the pool. I will be excited to have this fixed so I can turn the water back on to the backyard and not have to pull the hose over the fence to water my plants in the backyard! I also had a chance to count my blessings as I watched as Allen almost fell backwards into the empty pool while fixing the pool valve! My heart stopped as I saw him come close the edge. I made sure to say extra prayers last night to thank Heavenly Father for saving me from that near tragedy!!!

Mother/Daughter fancy hat party was at 11 am on Saturday. The decorations were so great and we loved eating all the "tea" sandwiches made with green and pink bread. Too fun! Kelsey looked so cute in her pink pokadot dress and "Kit" hat. Grandma and I made her bring Kit with since they matched. We had a great time and hope they do it again next year. It was fun to have such a girly event to go to with Kels. I also had to add the picture of little Kennedy checking out Kit's shoes. They seemed to be posed just right for a picture with the pink balloon and all. They look like little Victorian girls. Amelia was wearing a very cute blue and red hat from the "Aunt Beth collection". She said she was going for a patriotic theme. She was super cute all dressed up!


Saturday night brought on the Mother/Son western dance. I had the girls make large paper doll western mother's and son's for decorations, but since I wasn't there for the activity, I couldn't have the girls help make the wanted sign I had planned. So, Friday night and Sat. morning I worked on this sign. I love the way it turned out and will have to plan another western party just to use it again!

THis night was so perfect! There was just the right amount of dancing, picture taking and games to play. Although Jayden was very unhappy that this activity was only an hour and a half!!! He thought it should have gone on longer. He really eats up his date nights and was not ready for it to be over! Paula and Allison did a great job planning this one! (Oh and most importantly, the apple pie was DELICIOUS!! Good job, Paula!)

Sunday Ahhhh, Mother's day! I had the dishes done for me and the Kitchen cleaned. Jordan surprised me by cleaning the desk upstairs (without being prompted by anyone!! It was his own idea, even) That alone was reason to celebrate. I enjoyed a nap to rest up before cooking dinner for my wonderful mother! We enjoyed dinner with my parents followed by a fun game of Ticket to Ride. Miracles of miracles....my dad actually played with us :) What a great day!

My mother's day will not end today!! Allen has gifted me a day at home tomorrow to complete any honey do items I please. I am excited...... Lets see how much I can get done tomorrow.

5 comments:

Paula said...

YOU STILL HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT DISNEYLAND TRIPS AND GIVEN ME THE PHOTOS!!! Although you did do stuff after that!!! Don't think i'm saying that in a rude way, because I'm not trying too...


Amelia

Lila said...

OH MY GOSH!!! 'someone' needs a vacation! ;)

KMJ said...

Busy week Karalee!

Poppy said...

Pneumonia is no fun! Sounds like you had a fun Mother's week, besides the sickness!

Michelle Williams said...

So glad Jordan is on the mend and Allen didn't fall!

Thanks for updating, you take such great photos too! It's fun to hear all your doings and see your gorgeous, sweet kids!