Thursday, May 28, 2009

Growing up

It took all the restraint I have to not take a picture of the momentous occasion that happened today! :) Today is the first day that Jordan has ever shaved. Being a teenager, I just knew he would have a HUGE issue with me taking a picture of him shaving, so I took a mental picture instead and spared him the embarrassment of his camera happy mom. Here is a before photo taken on Sunday. I should have taken an after photo, though. I had a good excuse to since Jordan had to go to school in a shirt and tie for portfolio day today. Oh well, I am sure he is much happier with me keeping my camera in the off position.

On a side note, this poor boy is finally feeling much better. He sure had a rough time getting over his pneumonia! He had to go back to the doctors after a week of being on antibiotics and was given an additional antibiotic to try. After almost three weeks, most of his pain is gone. He still has pain when he coughs or sneezes hard, but hopefully he will continue to mend.

4 comments:

Heather said...

and to think when we moved he was a happy little 6 year old. Time sure does fly.

Laura said...

too bad i will always picture him as a 10 year old! i know i'm for sure the same age i was when we lived there.

Poppy said...

I hardly recognized him...I still see him as a little 10 year old. I don't like all this getting older bit, for me or anyone else!

Judy Andreason said...

Wow, can't believe that Jordan is shaving. Where has the time gone?